Westpac Banking Corporation (Westpac) was founded in 1817 and was the first bank established in Australia.
Westpac began trading on 8 April, 1817 as the Bank of New South Wales with a single office in Macquarie Place, Sydney. In 1982, with the merger of the Commercial Bank of Australia, it changed its name to Westpac Banking Corporation. On 23 August 2002, Westpac was registered as a public company limited by shares under the Australian Corporations Act (2001). In December 2008, Westpac merged with St.George Bank Limited.
- Westpac Group has branches and controlled entities throughout Australia, New Zealand and the near Pacific region and maintains offices in key financial centres around the world including London, New York, Hong Kong and Singapore
- As at 31 March 2013, the Westpac Group employed approximately 36,000 people (full time equivalent basis) in Australia, New Zealand and around the world, and had global assets of A$677.5 billion.
- Westpac is ranked in the top 5 listed companies by market capitalisation on the Australian Securities Exchange Limited (ASX). As at 31 March 2013, our market capitalisation was A$95.5 billion
- For the six months to 31 March 2013, the Westpac Group’s reported net profit after income tax was A$3,304 million
- About 570,000 people and institutions in Australia and overseas are Westpac shareholders.
- Monday 9:00am - 4:30pm
- Tuesday 9:00am - 4:30pm
- Wednesday 9:00am - 4:30pm
- Thursday 9:00am - 4:30pm
- Friday 9:00am - 4:30pm