St John of God Health Care is a leading provider of private hospitals, pathology, home nursing and Social Outreach and Advocacy services, throughout Australia, New Zealand and the wider Asia-Pacific region.
We return all profits to the communities we serve by:
- Updating and expanding technology and facilities
- Expanding existing services and acquiring new services
- Providing Social Outreach and Advocacy services to people experiencing disadvantage to improve health and wellbeing
We operate 13 hospitals located in Western Australia, Victoria, and New South Wales, with another two hospitals under construction in Midland, Western Australia.
Our hospitals, with a total of 2,042 beds, include medical-surgical hospitals, psychiatric and drug and alcohol hospitals, and rehabilitation hospitals. We also have 307 public and 60 private beds at our Midland Hospitals which are currently under construction.
New South Wales
Two psychiatric hospitals:
Five medical-surgical hospitals:
- St John of God Hospital Ballarat
- St John of God Hospital Bendigo
- St John of God Hospital Berwick
- St John of God Hospital Geelong
- St John of God Hospital Warrnambool
One psychiatric and drug and alcohol service hospital:
One rehabilitation hospital:
Six medical-surgical hospitals:
- St John of God Hospital Bunbury
- St John of God Hospital Geraldton
- St John of God Midland Public and Private Hospitals (under construction)
- St John of God Hospital Murdoch
- St John of God Hospital Subiaco
We operate St John of God Halswell, a 62-bed service in Christchurch for people with acquired brain injuries, physical and neurological disabilities.
We also operate St John of God Wellington, a 36-bed residential care facility in Wellington for people with a physical disability.
We operate St John of God Health Choices, a home nursing service providing nursing care for people in their home or workplace. Health Choices operates in Victoria – from bases including those in Ballarat, Bendigo, Berwick, Geelong, Melbourne, and Warrnambool – and in Western Australia from Murdoch and Subiaco.
Social Outreach and Advocacy
We also operate a number or Social Outreach and Advocacy services, reaching out to people experiencing disadvantage to promote health and wellbeing. Our services are based on capacity building, educating people to help themselves, and partnering with organisations that have specific needs.